THE BEST WAYS TO MAKE FRIDGE MAGNETS
Method 1: Using Found Items
Fridge magnets could be fun as well as very easy making. Practically anything could be become a refrigerator magnet with a little bit of adhesive as well as a magnet. This article will certainly reveal you ways to make a few basic magnets.
1. Discover a small, light-weight item that is flat on one side. You could transform virtually anything you desire right into a magnet. Look for something that is between 1 to 2 inches (2.54 to 5.08 centimeters) wide/tall and also not too heavy. Ensure that the bottom or back of the things is level. Right here are some ideas to obtain you started:
- Little rocks
- Seashells and also starfish
- Large rhinestones
- Tiny, plastic pets
- Vivid buttons
- Scrapbooking decorations (plastic flowers, cabochons, etc).
2. Discover a magnet that fits your things. You should not be able to see the magnet from behind your item. You can utilize a round switch magnet. You could likewise reduce a rectangular shape from a slim, magnetic sheet. Remember that the flat, sheet magnets tend to be weak compared to the thicker, switch magnets. It is best to conserve those weak magnets for light objects.
- If your item is huge, take into consideration gluing two small button magnets to the back: one on top, and one near the bottom.
3. Think about cleansing the back of your object with massaging alcohol. If your things is very filthy, the glue might not stick to it. Merely soak a cotton sphere with massaging alcohol, as well as wipe the rear of the things with it.
4. Area a swirl of glue in addition to the magnet. The entire top surface area of the magnet need to be coated with adhesive. You could use warm glue or an industrial toughness glue. Warm adhesive will be suitable for things constructed of wood, foam, paper, and also lightweight plastic. A commercial stamina adhesive will certainly be best for heavier objects, as well as anything made from plastic, metal, or glass.
- Even if the magnet has a sticky back, it might be a smart idea to make use of some adhesive. The adhesives on these sorts of magnets generally are not extremely strong or lasting.
5. Press the rear of the object down into the adhesive. Press it down strongly sufficient so that the item stays with the glue, but not so firmly that the glue spurts out everywhere.
6. Allow the adhesive completely dry before using your magnet. This could take anywhere from a couple of mins to a number of hours. Warm glue will certainly establish within minutes, however a commercial toughness glue could require up to a day in order to cure properly. If you are making use of an industrial strength glue, confirm the label to see what does it cost? time you require for it to completely dry and also treatment.
Approach 2: Making a Decoupage Magnet.
1. Collect your supplies. These magnets are made from flat-backed glass marbles, like the kind you could put in a flower holder. The magnets are tiny, but vivid. Right here’s a listing of exactly what you will certainly have to make such a magnet:.
- Clear, glass gem/vase filler.
- Support (image, colored paper, material, etc).
- Shiny Mod Podge.
- Paintbrush or foam brush.
- Round magnet.
- Warm adhesive or commercial toughness adhesive.
2. Locate a clear, glass gem. They are typically level on one side, as well as slightly domed on the various other. You can discover them in the vase filler or floral area of an arts and also crafts store. Try to find something that goes to least 1 inch (2.54 centimeters) in diameter. This will allow you to see even more of your design.
- You could also see them classified as flower holder fillers, cabochons, marbles, and also glass rocks.
3. Clean the rear of your glass treasure tidy with rubbing alcohol. Saturate a cotton sphere with some scrubing alcohol and clean the level side of the treasure. This will eliminate any type of dirt or oils that may avoid the adhesive from sticking.
4. Pick your support. You can make use of practically anything you desire as your support, such as tinted paper or a picture. You can even use nail gloss. If you intend to make use of a letter or a picture, area your glass treasure over it. You will certainly be able to see how much of your letter or photo will reveal via the treasure. Right here are some ideas of just what you could make use of:.
- Pages from old books.
- Old maps.
- Scrapbook paper or wrapping paper.
- Paper or publication web pages.
- Patterned material.
- Nail gloss.
5. Make use of the treasure to map a circle into your backing. You could utilize a large opening punch to eliminate an ideal circle, if you can find one that is the same dimension as your treasure. Many glass treasures, nevertheless, won’t be completely rounded, so it may be better to map them.
6. Cut the backing out. Most glass treasures are beveled on the bottom, so you may want to cut simply inside the line that you attracted.
7. Spread out a thin layer of shiny Mod Podge on the back of the glass gem. Use it utilizing a paintbrush or a foam brush. Ensure that it is even, which the whole back of the treasure is covered. You could also use another clear-drying fluid glue.
- If you are making use of nail gloss, you do not should apply any kind of Mod Podge. Just brush on a couple of coats of nail gloss into the back of your stone.
8. Press the backing face down right into the glue. Smooth it out utilizing your fingers, starting from the center and working outward This will certainly remove any air bubbles as well as wrinkles.
9. Apply one more layer of Mod Podge to the rear of your treasure. Ensure that you go a little bit over the sides of your backing. This will certainly seal it to your treasure.
- If you used nail gloss, think about cleaning on a top layer onto the back to secure it.
10. Permit the Mod Podge to dry completely. A great sign is when it transforms clear, however it is better to allow it completely dry over night. This will certainly also allow the Mod Podge to cure and also make it much less ugly or sticky.
11. Glue a round magnet to the back of your treasure. You could make use of warm glue or a commercial strength glue. Area a thin layer of adhesive into the magnet, after that push the magnet down right into the back of the gem.
12. Allow the glue to completely dry prior to you utilize your magnet. Hot glue will certainly set within a couple of secs, yet commercial strength adhesives will certainly require a lot longer drying as well as healing time. If you are utilizing an industrial toughness glue, describe the tag for a specific drying out as well as treating time. Even if something feels and look dry does not indicate that it is fully cured and all set to be utilized.
Approach 3: Making a Clothespin Magnet.
1. Collect your materials: Clothespins could make excellent magnets since you could utilize them to clip and hold points such as memos and recipes. Right here’s a checklist of exactly what you will should make one:.
- Wood clothespins.
- Magnet (sheet is recommended).
- Decorations, such as paint, washi tape, etc
2. Acquire some wood clothespins. They must be the kind that have a springtime in them. The solid timber ones that do not open and also close won’t be suitable for this.
3. Embellish your clothespin. This is where you can obtain actually innovative. You decide to enhance it, make certain that you leave the back space, or you will not be able to glue the magnet on. Make sure that you can still open as well as close the clothespin. Right here are some decorating concepts:
- Cover the top as well as sides of your clothespin with washi tape. Washi tape is a kind of formed scrapbooking tape. You can discover it in the scrapbooking section of an arts as well as crafts shop.
- Repaint your clothespin using a little paintbrush as well as acrylic paint. You could painting everything one shade, or lots of shades. Straightforward layouts, such as stripes, will work best on the clothespin.
- Glue a thin, level wooden shape, such as a cat or canine, to the top of the clothespin. The wood form needs to be about the same length as the clothespin. You could discover the wood forms in the wood area of an arts and crafts shop.
- Glue down some switches down the center of your clothespin. Play around with different forms, shades, and patterns, simply make certain that the buttons coincide size as the clothespin.
4. Permit the clothespin to completely dry, if necessary. Depending on how you enhanced it, this could take anywhere from a few minutes to a couple of hours. Some decorations, such as washi tape, do not need any kind of drying out time.
5. Cut your magnet down to fit your clothespin. Cut a strip of magnetic sheeting to fit the back of your garments pin. If you are using round, button magnets, plan on utilizing 2 magnets per clothespin.
6. Glue the magnet to the back of your clothespin. You could make use of a commercial stamina adhesive or warm adhesive. Draw the line of adhesive down the back of the clothespin as well as press the magnet down right into the adhesive.
- If you are utilizing round switch magnets, position a drop of glue on the top as well as base of the clothespin back. Press the round switch magnets into the glue.
7. Enable the glue to completely dry prior to you use your magnet. When the glue dries, you can make use of the clothespin to hold dishes as well as memos to the door of your refrigerator.
You can use hot adhesive or a commercial toughness glue. You can utilize warm glue or a commercial strength adhesive. Warm adhesive will set within a few secs, but industrial stamina glues will need a much longer drying as well as healing time. You could make use of an industrial toughness glue or warm adhesive. Attract a line of glue down the back of the clothespin and also press the magnet down right into the adhesive.